As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad can be mixed with chicken for the perfect filing meal or even enjoyed as the main dish by itself for the vegetarian in your life.
Hey guys! Tiffany here!
I’m still on the road crossing this big, beautiful country of ours. While I’m on the road, I have some of my fellow bloggers helping me keep things exciting around here. Today’s recipe is no exception! Yum!
Whitney and her husband, Scott are the owners of HeandSheEatClean.com which is a health and wellness website consisting of healthy recipes, workouts, and travel.
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is one of the easiest salads you will make! We took it to our family gathering for Easter (secretly hoping that we would have some leftover for the week) but we came home empty handed. We like to test our recipes with our families to make sure that even those who aren’t that “into” healthy eating enjoy them as well. This one was approved, even from our young niece and nephew!
Not only have we served this at a family gathering, we’ve also been making it as part of our weekly meal prep! It’s a quick and easy side dish to pair with any kind of meat and tastes great leftover!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD
- Don’t undercook or overcook the quinoa so make sure you set a timer! We’ve always had great luck using the directions on the package (which usually calls for bringing it to a boil and then cooking for 15 minutes).
- Let the quinoa cool before mixing in the vegetables
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, let it sit in the refrigerator for at least a few hours (or overnight if possible!). It will still taste great without letting all the ingredients sit for hours but will be even better if prepared in advance.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
More Quinoa Recipes
MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA SALAD RECIPE:
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups quinoa (measure 2 cups raw for a 4 cup yield)
- 3 large bell peppers (or the equivalent in mini peppers)
- ½ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 medium jalapeno (diced – optional)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper (or more to taste)
- Cook quinoa according to directions on the package.
- Wash and chop the peppers, onion, and jalapeno.
- Mix all ingredients together and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.