This chickpea quinoa basil salad is perfect for the busy, but still hot days of summer’s end.
We all need a quick meal we can throw together in the spur of the moment. Something simple, quick and easy that is still nutritious and tasty. This salad is it!
I always cook a big pot of quinoa at the beginning of the week, so it’s super easy to mix things in for a quick meal. Not every quinoa salad I make makes it onto this blog though because frankly, not all of them are tasty enough to qualify. They might get me through a meal, but they aren’t something that most folks would actually enjoy. This salad was different.
Fresh, plenty of good texture and definitely filling, this salad is perfect for a plant based meal or side dish to another main course. Plus, it has all the summery flavoring of fresh basil and balsamic vinegar. You can’t go wrong with this one! And if you have leftovers, it travels well for lunch too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CHICKPEA BASIL QUINOA SALAD RECIPE:
Chickpea Basil Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cooked with vegetable broth to package directions)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (if canned, drain and rinse)
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve as a main meal or tasty side dish.