My clean eating shopping lists are some of the top content on my website. Apparently, you guys really love the lists! And I completely understand why. A list that’s already made for you makes life so much easier! And since I love making lists, I thought I’d share my “standard” clean eating low carb shopping list with you guys as well.
Keep in mind that the type of items you buy will vary based on your approach to clean, low carb foods. For example, chicken can be purchased as a whole bird to ensure you get the most fat for eating more of a Keto low carb diet. In this instance, you would want the fattiest pieces of meat you can buy while keeping quality in mind as well. Buy the best quality you can afford. But if you prefer a lower fat list, then opt for things like boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Although, I will say that if you are eating low carb, you most likely want and need more fat. But I leave that up to you and the medical professional in your life.
Here’s my low carb shopping list:
Remember: Pre-seasoned meats are usually not clean.
- All cuts
Keep in mind that ham is never clean and clean bacon can be a challenge to find. But it does exist.
- All cuts
- All seafood is acceptable. Opt for the more nutritious fish like salmon whenever you can afford it.
Just be sure you are getting the pure meat with nothing else added. Pre-seasoned meats are usually not clean.
- Sausages – Choose wisely. It’s not easy to find clean sausages.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Bok Choy
- Green Beans
- Yellow Onions
- Spaghetti Squash
- Lettuce – Darker greens are best
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- Unsweetened almond milk (though homemade is the only truly clean version available)
- Coconut milk (canned is usually the clean stuff. Thai Kitchen is a popular brand)
- Sparkling water
- Coffee (I use decaf. But that’s a personal choice)
- Macadamia nuts
- Peanut butter
- Clean Mayo
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Salsa – Read labels, not all are low carb or clean
- Mustard – Read labels, some have added sugar
All herbs are fine. Some spices may have higher carbs like garlic powder. So use them sparingly.