As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This fruit and nut butter sandwich makes a delicious afternoon meal!
Mini Chef loves this sandwich. He has a bit of a sweet tooth which he totally inherited from his dad. I had nothing to do with it at all. <ehem>
I enjoy making this for him because I know he will eat every last, nutritious crumb, and I won’t have any leftovers rotting in a little sandwich bag in the back of my fridge for months before I find it again. Yes. It happens. Don’t judge.
In fact, he probably eats this sandwich more than any other. Not that he gets them that often, but when he does, this is inevitably the sandwich he will ask for.
You can easily mix it up a bit with different nut or seed butters and different types of fruits. You can even try maple syrup instead of honey, although it is a bit runnier. Just don’t forget to pack the wet wipes! It’s a delicious sandwich, but little fingers can have a hard time with the small pieces of fruit and keeping it all together. Not really a problem except that you do need to clean up if that happens.
More Healthy Sandwich Recipes
Fruit And Nut Butter Sandwich Recipe Card
Fruit And Nut Butter Sandwich
- 2 slices 100% whole grain bread
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (or any type you prefer)
- ¼ cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dollop honey
- Lay out your bread slices on a flat work surface.
- On one slice, spread the nut butter.
- On the other slice, spread out the strawberries.
- Sprinkle either side with cinnamon and drizzle with honey.
- Put your two slices of bread together and enjoy your sandwich!
- HINT: Make sure the peanut butter is cold so it doesn’t ooze like it did in my picture and pack the honey on the side to be poured on just before eating. This will make for a much cleaner sandwich.