Today, I have a citrus grilled chicken recipe for you!
I chose this recipe because of it’s easy-to-find ingredients as well as the fact that the weather is getting quite nice here and it’s definitely time to pull out the grill! But don’t worry, if you don’t have a grill, you can do this in a pan as well. Give it a try!
HOW TO SERVE THIS:
- A side of rice.
- A side of veggies.
- Inside a sandwich with whole grain bread.
- Shred and put inside of tacos or burritos.
This is wonderful off the barbecue with some clean eating potato salad and some clean eating corn salad (without the feta). That’s how I served it, and everyone loved it! In fact, almost everybody went back for seconds. Not too shabby for a group of folks that sort of looked down their nose at eating clean!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
CITRUS GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE:
(Recipe courtesy of eMeals)
Citrus Grilled Chicken
- 1 medium orange
- 1 medium lime
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 2 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper (I omitted this so Mini Chef would eat it)
- Zest orange and lime into a large bowl.
- Squeeze orange juice into bowl.
- Add oil, garlic and chicken, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken 6 minutes per side or until done.
- NOTE: The recipe doesn’t call for using the rest of the lime. But if you enjoy a lime flavor on your chicken, squeeze the juice over the chicken while it’s cooking. Delish! Also, if you don’t have a bowl wide enough so the chicken can evenly marinate, just pour everything into a large ziplock bag and let it sit in that. (That’s what I did!)