As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The easy chicken casserole recipe comes together in 5 minutes using frozen ingredients. Simply pop it in the oven for an hour and dinner is served!
I love simple recipes. Those recipes you can toss together in under 5 minutes, pop them in the oven and make everyone at the dinner table happy.
This recipe was just such a recipe. It’s fabulous at the end of a long day when cooking just doesn’t seem possible.
Casseroles can be so easy when they are “dump-style”. As much as I hate that term, that’s exactly what this was.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CASSEROLE:
I put this dish together in less than 5 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Not if your freezer and pantry are stocked with the right ingredients.
All you have to do is pull the ingredients out, layer them in a large casserole dish and bake! In fact, I didn’t even oil the dish or heat up my oven before I put the casserole in there. Talk about lazy…. errr…. easy!!
I’m a firm believer in a well-stocked freezer. Because if you have everything you need on hand, clean eating doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. You can literally prep a full meal for the entire family in under 5 minutes!
HEALTHY CASSEROLE RECIPE:
Not only is this dish easy to put together, it’s totally clean and healthy too! Just because something comes out of the freezer doesn’t mean it has to be unhealthy. In fact, the opposite is often true!
The sauce I used here is called Bone Suckin’ Sauce. It’s fantastic stuff, and will season almost any dish to perfection. But you don’t have to use that particular sauce. In fact, this entire recipe is totally easy to customize based on what you have on hand. Even the amounts!
Also note that you can prep this in 5 minutes ahead of time, cover the casserole well and keep it in the freezer for a future meal. Talk about an easy way to stock your freezer!!
COOKING FOR ONE?
- Use 1 chicken breast and and use just enough of the other ingredients to satisfy you! Just cook this in a small casserole dish. Easy!
COOKING FOR MANY?
- Double up on the recipe! And the size of the casserole dish should be whatever you have on hand that fits the amount you want to make.
I promise, this is one of those recipes you can’t mess up, so don’t be afraid to “mess it up”. You really can’t, I promise.
EASY CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE:
Easy Chicken Casserole
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (frozen, boneless, skinless)
- 10 oz. package frozen brown rice (or cooked at home)
- 16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- 16 oz. clean eating barbecue sauce (or 2 cups of whatever your favorite sauce is)
- Using a large casserole dish, layer the ingredients in the order listed.
- Cover the dish with foil.
- Place in oven and bake at 350 F. for approximately 1 hour, or until the chicken reaches 165 F. on a meat thermometer. Time needed can vary by oven.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posts 6/14/16.