As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Almond Fritters are the perfect grain-free, weekend breakfast!
Removing grains from my eating plan is proving to be a considerable challenge. I never realized just how dependent on wheat I was. But with practice, every culinary skill can be mastered, it just takes time.
Learning to mix grain-free flours is my biggest hurdle. You see, I don’t want to give up things like pizza or muffins just because I’m grain free.
So this past weekend, I took my second shot at grain-free pancakes. I have to say that these are much better when baked than fried. The photo at the top here are the ones I made in the skillet.
The baked ones had a much better almond flavor and were far lighter in texture. So if you have the time on a weekend morning, I highly recommend baking them. But if not, cooking them on the stove top is yummy too.
These are great topped with maple syrup, a pat of butter and maybe even some fresh cut fruit. And if you leave out the vanilla, you could potentially even make a savory version. Melt a little cheese on a fritter and top with sauted mushrooms and onions. Yum!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS CLEAN EATING RECIPE:
ALMOND FRITTERS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Almond Fritters
- 4 cups almond flour
- 6 large eggs (divided)
- 15 oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Once your eggs are separated, put the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter until well combined, but don't over mix. The batter will be lumpy, but that's a good thing. You don't want to mix it smooth as you need the air in there.
- Cook with oil in a skillet or bake on parchment lined cookie sheets at 350 F. for approximately 20 minutes (time can vary, so watch your first batch)
- Serve with maple syrup or 100% fruit spread.