As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These buffalo chicken sandwiches are great for a lazy weekend meal, or a get-together with friends. They make a great appetizer on slider buns, or a main meal on bigger buns!
Making these sandwiches in an Instant Pot makes the whole process much easier and faster. You have dinner on the table in no time!
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES IN AN INSTANT POT
This is sort of a “dump chicken” type of recipe. You’ll simply put everything in the IP insert, set it and cook. Once done, you’ll want to release the steam, remove the lid and set the Instant Pot to Sauté. You’ll cook this for about 10 minutes until the liquid cooks out. Meanwhile, you’ll be shredding the chicken as the sauce cooks down. Let the meat cool a bit and then transfer the shredded meat and sauce onto your buns. Pour a little ranch dressing over the chicken before putting the top bun on. Serve with a side of veggie sticks or a green salad.
Serve on top of your favorite bun and with some carrot and celery sticks extra ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES
- Boneless chicken
- Buffalo wing sauce – recipe link below
- Chicken broth
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ranch dressing – recipe link below
- Whole grain burger buns
WHAT TO EAT WITH BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES
This type of chicken sandwiches are a full meal, in and of themselves, But a nice way to balance it all out is to serve them with some healthy side dishes. Try:
- Green salad
- Veggie sticks with dip
- Fruit salad
- Macaroni salad
- Potato salad
- Grilled veggies
- Anything that will go well with ranch dressing
WING SAUCE RECIPE
So I haven’t done a recipe for this myself, but I found this recipe for a simple, clean wing sauce that works well here.
The ranch on these sandwiches is totally optional, but tasty. As of yet, I have not found a clean ranch dressing on store shelves. So I always make my own. You can find my simple ranch dressing recipe here.
WHOLE WHEAT BURGER BUNS
Truly clean burger buns can be tough to find. The Alvarado Street Bakery brand (not paid to promote them) is the only one I’ve found. I found them at whole foods. There may be others on the market, but I haven’t found them yet. If you know of any others, please share in a comment below.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES:
BUFFALO CHICKEN SANDWICHES (INSTANT POT)
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup buffalo chicken wing sauce (see link above)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ranch dressing (see link above)
- whole grain burger buns (slider or standard size)
- Pour the chicken broth and add chicken into the pressure cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic powder then pour in the buffalo sauce and give the ingredients a good stir.
- Close the pressure cooker then move the valve to Sealing and select High Pressure for 20 minutes. The amount of time the pressure cooker will take to pressurize is different for everyone.
- After the cooking timer goes off carefully move the valve from Sealing to Venting to release the steam then carefully remove the lid.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté and set timer to 10 minutes.
- While the timer is going use a wooden spoon to help break up the chicken into large chunks.
- Stir and cook until the sauce has evaporated. Turn off pressure cooker and put chicken into a serving dish to allow it to cool.
- Serve on top of your favorite bun and with some carrot and celery sticks extra ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!