Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe (Air Fryer)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These fried green beans are a marvelously simple side dish, “fried” in your air fryer!!
Yes, I said simple. Seriously simple! If you can push the buttons on your air fryer, you can make this recipe.
I’m relatively new to the air fryer. I haven’t quite found firm ground with it yet. I find myself experimenting a lot and failing a lot. I’m not sure why the learning curve is so big for me, you would think it would be pretty simple, all things considered. But I haven’t given up! And every once in a while, I actually hit a home run.
BENEFITS OF GREEN BEANS:
These green beans use far less fat than roasting in the oven. And because they keep so much of their flavor, the spices only need to be added at a minimum. Try them without salt first as you can always add it after cooking to taste.
- Low in calories and fat .
- They are high in fiber.
- They have no cholesterol.
- Good source of plant-based protein.
- Good source of vitamins B6, C, K and A.
- They will give you calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium as well.
HOW LONG DO YOU AIR FRY GREEN BEANS?
Here’s a simple chart to help you out. However, be aware that these times can vary based on the size and model of your air fryer. You may have to experiment a little bit too until you get a feel for how yours cooks. Us these times as general guidelines.
- 5 to 6 minutes for lots of crunch.
- 7 to 8 minutes.
- 10 to 12 minutes.
- 14-16 minutes.
HOW TO CLEAN GREEN BEANS:
If you aren’t sure how to clean green beans, here’s a simple video that shows you how.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GREEN BEANS
These are lightly flavored, so will pair nicely with just about any dish you’d serve green beans with. Try a baked sweet potato and some black beans and maybe even add a little rice to round out the amino acids in this dish. Yum!
Have leftovers? Store these in a food-safe container in the fridge for up to 3 days.Freezing is not recommended.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
FRIED GREEN BEANS RECIPE (AIR FRYER)
Fried Green Beans (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb. fresh green beans (cleaned and trimmed)
- 1 tsp. oil
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl to coat the green beans with oil and spices.
- Transfer about half of the green beans to the air fryer basket. (You'll have to do this in two batches or the beans won't cook properly) Spread them out as evenly as possible and return the basket to the air fryer.
- Adjust temp to 400 and set time to 5 minutes, or whichever time you chose from the chart above, and press start.
- When done, remove the basket from the fryer and turn the beans out onto a platter (repeat with the second half of the beans).
- If you try the beans and they aren't cooked enough to your liking, simply return them to the air fryer in the basket and cook in 2 minute increments until they are cooked to your liking.
- Cool slightly and serve.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and wannabe Elvis when I'm in the shower or driving in my car.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!
Did you make one of my recipes?
Tag @graciouspantry on Instagram or post your pic on Facebook! I love to see my recipes in action!
Thank you for this. I will be trying it tomorrow. Please keep on posting air fryer recipes. It will be such a help. The one thing I would do is remove the basket half way through and give it a shake/stir. This helps for a more even cooking.
Deborah – Absolutely! For some foods, that totally helps! 🙂
Have you tried frozen whole green beans? Just wondering how they would cook.
Marsha – I don’t think they would cook the same. They have too much water in them.