As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This homemade meatloaf makes a perfect family dinner served with mashed potatoes and a side of veggies!
When I lived in Germany, there was something we ate on occasion called “Meat Cake” that was just incredible. It was almost like bologna, and definitely not clean. But M.A.N. was it good!
I was naïve enough to think I could make it myself, and since I had my own little kitchen in my part of the house, I set out to give it a shot. Sadly, I never got close. But what I did figure out, is one yummy recipe for meat loaf! This is one of those recipes that will be passed down through the generations of my family. It’s just plain good.
HOMEMADE MEATLOAF RECIPE:
Homemade Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. ground turkey
- 7.5 oz. refried beans (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion in the olive oil over medium heat, until the onions become translucent. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Put meat mixture in a lightly oiled loaf pan.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F. (approximately 45 minutes).
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.