This clean eating garlic asparagus penne pasta makes a wonderful, 30 minute meal for busy weeknights!
There are some nights when I get home and cooking is the last thing I have time for. Between helping Mini Chef with homework and taking care of all those little, every day things that need doing, time can sometimes run out on me. So I have a handful of recipes that I can make, spur-of-the-moment. They are lifesavers!
This is one of those recipes. The flavors are simple, Mini Chef and I both love this every time I make it and best of all, I can get it on the table in about 30 minutes. Not too bad for a nice pasta dish!
- Mince your garlic fine.
- When the pasta is done cooking, don’t let it dry out. Spritz it with a tiny bit of oil to keep things moist.
- The asparagus is best when cooked al dente. Don’t let it get mushy!
- This can be served cold.
- If you have cheese lovers in the family, a little parmesan sprinkled over the top is excellent.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
CLEAN EATING GARLIC ASPARAGUS PENNE PASTA RECIPE:
Clean Eating Garlic Asparagus Penne Pasta
- 1 lb. whole grain penne pasta (cooked separately to package directions)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (+ more if needed for cooking)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 12 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Set your pasta to cook.
- In a skillet, warm the oil.
- Add the asparagus and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic and add a pinch of salt.
- Continue cooking until the asparagus is cooked to your liking. (Add more oil if the pan dries out)
- When done, add the pasta to the skillet and stir to combine everything, seasoning with a bit more salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.