This clean eating garlic asparagus penne pasta makes a wonderful, 30 minute meal for busy weeknights!
There are some nights when I get home and cooking is the last thing I have time for. Between helping Mini Chef with homework and taking care of all those little, every day things that need doing, time can sometimes run out on me. So I have a handful of recipes that I can make, spur-of-the-moment. They are lifesavers!
This is one of those recipes. The flavors are simple, Mini Chef and I both love this every time I make it and best of all, I can get it on the table in about 30 minutes. Not too bad for a nice pasta dish!
- Mince your garlic fine.
- When the pasta is done cooking, don’t let it dry out. Spritz it with a tiny bit of oil to keep things moist.
- The asparagus is best when cooked al dente. Don’t let it get mushy!
- This can be served cold.
- If you have cheese lovers in the family, a little parmesan sprinkled over the top is excellent.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
CLEAN EATING GARLIC ASPARAGUS PENNE PASTA RECIPE:
A delicious yet simple dish you can enjoy any night of the week. It makes great leftovers for lunch the next day too! I always make a double batch.
- 1 lb. whole grain penne pasta (cooked separately to package directions)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (+ more if needed for cooking)
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus (cleaned and roughly chopped)
- 12 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Set your pasta to cook.
In a skillet, warm the oil.
Add the asparagus and sauté for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the minced garlic and add a pinch of salt.
Continue cooking until the asparagus is cooked to your liking. (Add more oil if the pan dries out)
When done, add the pasta to the skillet and stir to combine everything, seasoning with a bit more salt if needed.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.