This Clean Eating Egg Salad Sandwich is a perfect lunch idea for the kids or yourself!
For me, egg salad sandwiches are a family tradition. My mom loved them dearly and still does, so I grew up with them.
There was a long period when I wanted nothing to do with them. But age does funny things to your taste buds, and now, I can’t seem to get enough of them either!
I try to eat low carb most days, so I will typically eat just the egg salad. But for school or work lunches, making a sandwich out of it makes a perfectly filling and nutritious lunch!
To make sure the fats were healthy, I simply subbed some smooshed avocado for most of the mayo. Easy and still tastes like egg salad!
And if you aren’t sure about clean breads, here’s an article that will help.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Spaghetti Meatball Sandwiches
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Clean Eating Grownup Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
CLEAN EATING EGG SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE:
Make this easy lunch the next time you have to make sandwiches for two!
- 1/2 small avocado
- 3 large eggs (hard boiled, peeled and chopped)
- 1 small tomato (sliced or chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise (see recipe link above to make your own)
- 4 slices whole grain bread (no sugar added)
In a medium mixing bowl, us a fork to smash the avocado.
When it reaches the same consistency as guacamole, mix in the remaining ingredients and blend well.
Put the filling between two slices of bread.
Feel free to add lettuce or even cucumber slices to your sandwich if you like.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.