If you like sloppy joe’s, you’ll love these clean eating spaghetti meatball sandwiches!
Some comfort foods just can’t be equaled. You can try to make something else that measures up, but it just won’t happen. At least not the way it should.
These clean eating spaghetti meatball sandwiches are that one sandwich that hits the spot every time. Filling, hearty and downright delicious and they won’t even heat up your kitchen in this summer heat!
You can freeze these before or after cooking for convenience and if you prefer to cook these in the oven during the winter months, all you have to do is place them in a casserole dish instead of a slow cooker and bake at 350 F. until the meatballs reach at least 165 F on a meat thermometer. (I haven’t tried this yet, but I’m guessing it would take about 30-40 minutes).
These are great for barbecues and summer gatherings as you won’t get any complaints, no matter the age of your guests. However, I do highly recommend supplying your guests with plenty of napkins as these are a lot like eating sloppy joes. Deliciously messy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Clean Eating Grownup Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
CLEAN EATING SPAGHETTI MEATBALL SANDWICHES RECIPE:
Clean Eating Spaghetti Meatball Sandwiches RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (see link above to make your own)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (minced)
- 1 large egg
- 18 oz. jar marinara (no sugar added, purchased or homemade)
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, knead together all the listed ingredients, except the marinara.
- Form your meatballs about the size of a large walnut or golfball and place them in the bottom of your crock.
- Pour the marinara over the top of the meatballs.
- Cook on low for approximately 3-4 hours (times will vary by slow cooker). When done, ladle the meatballs and sauce over some bread and enjoy!