These barbecue chicken sliders are super easy to make in a pressure cooker, and with this recipe, you can have a meal on the table in under an hour!
Normally, I’d be posting recipes like this for people who are having parties, barbecues or even for those going tailgating this time of year. But my goodness, how times have changed!
It’s amazing how life can change in the blink of an eye. All this social distancing is a little tough on the tailgating crowd, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a delicious tailgate-style meal with those in your home. I’m fortunate enough to have a nice back yard with a fire pit these days, so Mini Chef and I are putting that to good use this summer, and a meal like this one is exactly what we need to complete our summer evenings.
WHY INSTANT POT CHICKEN SLIDERS?
Because it’s just so dang easy!! This is more like a “dump chicken” recipe. You literally just dump everything in your Instant Pot, push the buttons, and in a little over 30 minutes (accounting for the time it takes to come to pressure), you have dinner ready to go! The only real effort required is in shredding the chicken. And if you haven’t heart already, a hand-held, electric beater/mixer will do that job for you in seconds. Easy peasy lemon squeezey!
The only thing you may want to do ahead of time, is make your barbecue sauce. If you prefer to buy it, Bone Suckin’ Sauce is excellent stuff and fits well with clean eating principles.
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT CHICKEN SLIDERS?
These smaller, hand-sized sandwiches are perfect for get togethers or casual meals. I used the bread available to me, which was a pull-apart bun. But you can use any whole grain roll (to keep it in line with clean eating), that doesn’t have sugar added.
- These are great for kids! Perfectly sized for their little hands!
- They make great appetizers, if you have some very hungry people to feed.
- They’re finger food! Who doesn’t like finger food?
- And lastly, they are smaller portions, so you won’t accidentally overeat. Serve one or two with a green salad or some coleslaw, and you have a complete meal!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY SANDWICH RECIPES:
CHICKEN SLIDERS RECIPE:
Chicken Sliders Recipe
- Pressure Cooker (I used an Instant Pot)
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (no sugar added, low sodium is best)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (divided -see link above for recipe)
- 1 tsp. granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 standard slider buns
- Place the chicken in the pressure cooker pot.
- Then pour in the barbecue sauce, then broth and remaining spices.
- Stir to well incorporate the ingredients.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker then set valve to sealing.
- Next select the High Pressure setting and set time to 20 minutes.
- Once time is up use a wooden spoon to turn valve to venting and allow the steam to be released. Make sure you’re a safe distance away.
- Select the Sauté function and set time to 10 minutes.
- Use a spoon and a fork (or electric mixer) to pull the chicken apart and keep stirring often.
- Cook until the sauce has absorbed, then add the remaining ½ cup of barbecue sauce and stir until well combined.
- Spoon some chicken onto buns and serve with desired side dish. I’ve included light coleslaw salad which was made by combining a pack of coleslaw mix with some light mayonnaise.