Grilled Potato Skewers Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These grilled potato skewers are a delicious side dish for just about any meal off the barbecue!
Warmer months mean grilling outdoors. So many great dishes come off the barbecue and totally help us enjoy this sunny, bright and cheery time of year. Potatoes are an excellent grilling food. Particularly, the small, fingerling potatoes. They roast really well and don’t take much time at all to cook.
WHY COOK ON SKEWERS
The first reason, is that it’s fun. I’m not sure why, but food on sticks is always a crowd pleaser for guests and family alike. Second, they allow us to evenly cook our food and easily rotate it on the grill without spatulas or tongs. (Although you may want a pot holder!). And finally, food on skewers just seems to taste better. Maybe it’s the smaller, bite-sized chunks or maybe it’s the constant rotation on the grill. I’m not sure. But something about it just tastes delicious!
GRILLING TIPS FOR POTATO SKEWERS
- No matter what type of skewers you use, a rack to rest them on while cooking is a critical component. It will keep them from burning.
- Remember to rotate your skewers every 5-10 minutes to get them browned on all sides and avoid burning.
- These are fun to serve on the skewers, just make sure you cool them down first!
My skewer set is an old one passed down to me from my mom. I searched and searched, but I could not find another like it. So I then looked for an alternative and found this handy little contraption! I love the wooden handle and the skewers look easy to rotate (with a pot holder!) So if you need skewer set, this is a good one to get!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY POTATO RECIPES:
GRILLED POTATO SKEWERS RECIPE:
Grilled Potato Skewers
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. ground rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat your grill.
- In a large mixing bowl (or a sealed, gallon-sized, zipper top bag), combine all the ingredients and mix well to coat the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on skewers and then on skewer rack. Place the entire rack on your heated grill.
- Grill for about 20 minutes (at 400 F. if your grill has a thermometer), turning about every 5 minutes to roast all sides.
- When the potatoes are soft or easily pierced with a knife or fork, use a pot holder to remove the rack from the grill and place it on a heat-safe surface. Allow the skewers to cool enough to be able to handle them, then serve the potatoes either on the skewers, or slide the potatoes off onto a plate.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and wannabe Elvis when I'm in the shower or driving in my car.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!
Did you make one of my recipes?
Tag @graciouspantry on Instagram or post your pic on Facebook! I love to see my recipes in action!