As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These tuna burgers are a nice way to change things up on burger night. Soft, mild, and tasty, these will go with just about any toppings you care to enjoy on your burger.
Mini Chef and I tend to do turkey burgers a lot around here. They make an easy dinner with minimal time spent in the kitchen. But that can get old sometimes, so I will sometimes switch them out with tuna burgers instead.
Mini Chef likes his on a whole-grain bun, and I enjoy mine in a lettuce wrap. Even a cabbage leaf is pretty tasty here!
HOW TO MAKE TUNA BURGERS
The concept is the same as making any burger. However, with these, you have a few more additions than most burgers. Essentially, you will mix everything together in a large mixing bowl (use your hands, it’s easiest), and then form your patties and cook them. The main trick is to be sure that your patties are flat and even for even cooking. These remain a bit soft in the middle, so you want to be sure the egg is fully cooked despite the softer texture.
The recipe below calls for air frying. I just got a new air fryer, and I’m absolutely in love with it. It has completely replaced my oven, which is great for summer! But that doesn’t mean you can’t make these other ways. Once you have the initial patties made, you can cook them any way you like. Here are some tips.
You can do that if you prefer to bake your tuna burgers too. Bake them at 375 F. for about 20 minutes. Check them with a meat thermometer to be sure they are done. Remember, your tuna is already cooked, so you’re just making sure the egg is fully cooked. Again you’ll want to make sure your patties are flat and even.
You can cook these on the grill with no problem. But the same rule applies for even cooking. Make sure they are flat and even all the way across.
Remember to subscribe to my free Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY TUNA RECIPES:
TUNA BURGERS RECIPE:
Air Fryer Tuna Burgers Recipe
- 8 oz. canned tuna (drained)
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup minced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer at 350 F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead with your hands until you have a nice "dough".
- Divide it into four equal parts and form your patties. Make sure to flatten these so they are even all the way across. They won't cook as well if they are rounder in shape. So flatten them into true patties.
- Place them on your air fryer tray or in the drawer (depending on what you have).
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Build your burger as you usually would and serve.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!