This slow cooker Mexican casserole recipe is a great new twist on Taco Tuesdays!
Have a busy day ahead? While this recipe won’t cook all day, it will give you a few hours reprieve while you do other things like help with (or do) homework or get the kids to soccer practice.
It’s a simple meal to put together and only requires a small amount of sautéing and browning before it goes in the slow cooker. Prep should take about 15-20 minutes tops.
Then when you get home, put all the toppings and garnishes on the table so people can help themselves. It’s an easy family-style meal that everyone will enjoy.
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Cheesy Mexican Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Clean Eating Mexican Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
CLEAN EATING SLOW COOKER MEXICAN CASSEROLE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Mexican Casserole
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté your onion and pepper in the oil until the onions are translucent, then transfer to the crock of your slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, brown the ground turkey, adding the onion and garlic powder.
- Transfer this entire mixture to your crock as well and mix it all together with the remaining spices.
- Add an even layer of cheese over the top.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the meat is fully cooked.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco salad toppings.