I swiped this recipe.
I was shopping at Costco and had gone in for Pull-Ups only. But on my way to the register, I got sidetracked by the Vitamix girl.
You see, whenever Vitamix (a high powered blender) comes to Costco, it’s physically impossible for me to just walk by without stopping for a delicious sample, and Mini Chef knows that that is one of the few sample tables mom will always stop at. So it didn’t take much pleading from him to get me to come to a screeching halt directly in front of this woman.
Now, as I’ve mentioned before on my lil’ ol’ blog here, I don’t share food very well. In fact, I’ll wrestle somebody twice my size before I’ll share my food with them. Yes, my family lovingly refers to me as “Joey” (5 points if you get the reference). So when a woman cut in front of me at the Vitamix table, I can tell you that I was not a very happy camper. In fact, I spent the entire demo plotting how I would slip my hand in under her arm and swipe the first sample if she didn’t make room for me.
Lucky for her, the demo lady was holding the tray up while she filled it, so I couldn’t just reach in and grab. And by the time she set the tray down, there was plenty for everyone. Crisis averted.
But seeing as how I had been plotting instead of paying attention, I really didn’t have much of an idea what I was about to sample. So when I took my first swig, my eyeballs just about popped out of my head.
THIS. WAS. SO. GOOD.
So I made the Vitamix lady recite her recipe for me, and it turns out that this was her own personal twist on a recipe from the Vitamix cookbook (pg 35).
So as you can see, I’m willing to not only swipe food samples, but apparently I’ve stooped to swiping recipes as well. It’s an all-time low for me. But I can honestly say that in this particular case, I’ll be smiling all the way to my blender.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Super Berry Smoothie
- Clean Eating Super Nutrient Smoothie
- Clean Eating Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
Clean Eating Green Lemon Pineapple Smoothie
(Makes 8 servings)
NOTE: This was done in a Vitamix blender. If you have a common household blender, I don’t recommend this recipe. You definitely need something high-powered for this.
- 3/4 cup grape juice concentrated, melted
- 3/4 inch slice lemon, peel and seeds included
- 1/2 large orange, peeled
- 3 cups raw spinach, packed when measuring
- 1 cup baby kale, packed when measuring
- 1/4 of a fresh, ripe pineapple, peeled, core left on
- Ice, as much as you can fit in the top of the blender
- Water as needed to blend
- Pour the melted grape concentrate into the blender first.
- Then add all other ingredients with the ice on the top and blend until smooth. Add water as needed to blend smoothly.
- Storage: This will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge. Simply shake or stir before drinking.