This clean eating chocolate peanut butter parfait recipe makes a fabulous dessert for any occasion!
Summer and desserts go hand in hand. Most of the time, dessert for me will be fruit. Most often, berries (my favorite!!). But every once in a while, I like to mix things up a little, and Mini Chef is never one to argue with dessert. In fact, he got into the kitchen with me and had fun helping me make this! We later took these to a friends house and enjoyed them there after a delicious brunch of leftovers from her Columbian independence day dinner the night before (which we were also there for. YUM!!!). Is it a coincidence that my closest friends are the people who tend to feed me when I visit?
This is actually the first recipe that I’ve done for this blog in my new kitchen! I’m still unpacking boxes and feeling somewhat overwhelmed, but at least the kitchen is settled enough for me to get back to work!
I have to admit that it’s been a while since I’ve spent a full day on work. Between settling my mother’s affairs after her passing, sorting through her things and then downsizing into a smaller house, cooking has been on the back burner for a while. Pun intended.
Thankfully, I usually plan ahead, so you guys still got plenty of new recipes while I was busy packing and moving. But now I’m back at this thing and starting with a blank slate. A completely new and fresh start. I’m excited to be getting creative in the kitchen again… it feels pretty good!!
Almost as good as this dessert tasted….
GIVE THESE CLEAN EATING DESSERTS A TRY TOO!
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PARFAIT RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait Recipe
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 3-6 tbsp. honey (sweeten to taste)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter , no sugar added
- 1/4 cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- Set out three individual small to medium mixing bowls.
- Add 1 cup of yogurt to each bowl and sweeten each with 1-2 tbsp. of honey, or to taste.
- In the first bowl, add in the cocoa powder and whisk well to combine.
- In the second bowl, whisk in the peanut butter. Mix well.
- The third bowl is left plain with honey.
- In your parfait cups, layer a bit from each bowl and top with dark chocolate chips.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve chilled, straight from the fridge.