This clean eating cashew alfredo vegetable pasta makes an amazing, dairy free pasta dinner!
I’ve been taking an online cooking course for plant-based cooking. One of the things we learned about was how many different ways cashews can be used in a plant-based diet. They are really very versatile! One of the recipes we learned to make was a basic, cashew-based white sauce. It was good, but the recipe they gave us was a bit overly complicated because they were trying to teach us different techniques in the process. So I adapted the recipe, simplified it quite a bit, and still ended up with a delicious white sauce that I will use again and again.
Admittedly, the most “pain-in-the-patoosh” part of this recipe is remembering to soak the cashews overnight. I always forget. But once those cashews are soaked, the sauce will literally take you less then 5 minutes to make. You just dump everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Easy!
For this recipe, I also added a little balsamic dressing. It made all the difference in the world in flavor. A truly good balsamic dressing can work wonders in so many different dishes! This one was no exception.
- This recipe really has 4 components. The pasta you cook, the sauce you blend, the veggies you cook and the veggies you chop and use raw. I promise, that’s not as complicated as it sounds. The recipe will walk you through it.
- If you want to add some balsamic dressing, do so in small amounts. The vinegar shines through really well in this dish, so it’s easy to overdo it. (Unless you LOVE vinegar like I do.)
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CASHEW ALFREDO VEGETABLE PASTA RECIPE:
A delicious, dairy-free pasta dish for your next pasta night!
- 1/2 lb. pasta (I used gluten free rotini)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 lb. asparagus (cleaned and trimmed)
- 4 oz. cremini mushrooms (white mushrooms work too)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped basil
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1 batch cashew alfredo (see link above)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic dressing (or more to taste)
Set the pasta to cook with plenty of water and salt added to the water for flavor.
Make your alfredo sauce and have your balsamic dressing handy if using.
Prepare all the vegetables.
In a large skillet, sauté the onions in the oil until they start to turn a golden brown.
Add in the asparagus and mushrooms and sauté until everything is cooked to your liking. If you prefer your asparagus more al dente, cook the mushrooms with the onions first about half way and then add the asparagus.
Stir in the garlic and stir for about 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the parsley and basil.
Lastly, add the pasta and tomatoes to the pan and give everything a good stir.
Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta (and balsamic dressing if using) and give it another good stir to coat the pasta in the sauce.
Season with salt if needed and serve with a little extra fresh basil on top for garnish.
Please note that the nutrition data given here is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible. Note that data does NOT include the alfredo sauce or balsamic dressing. Please see those recipes for nutrition data.