This garlic broccolini pasta recipe is an easy dinner to make on a busy weeknight.
My mom made this dish for me recently and I all but died and went to heaven. Even my son couldn’t stop eating it. It has simple flavors that meld beautifully in one, tasty dish.
It’s also one of the quickest and simplest pasta dishes I’ve ever made. It’s definitely a great meal for anyone who is short on time for making dinner.
Make a huge pot so you have plenty to take with you for the next day as well because I promise, you’ll want this for lunch too.
And just a side note: Did you know that broccolini is a hybrid combination of broccoli and Gai Lan, also known as Chinese chard?
GARLIC BROCCOLINI PASTA RECIPE:
Garlic Broccolini Pasta
- 1/2 lb. whole grain pasta
- 8 oz. fresh broccolini (coarsely chopped)
- 6 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- parmesan cheese to taste (optional)
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, wash and roughly chop your broccolini.
- Mince your garlic.
- In a large skillet, sauté the broccolini in the oil until it's cooked al dente. When it's nearly done, stir in the minced garlic and cook until the garlic just barely starts to brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the pasta is done, strain it and transfer it to the skillet with the broccolini.
- Season with salt as needed and sprinkle on some parmesan if using.