I titled these “weeknight chops” simply because they are so simple and easy to make. A quick dinner for a busy weeknight. And lets face it, we could all use a few more of those “quick and easy” recipes, don’t you think?
I served mine with steamed cauliflower, but you could just as easily serve these with string beans or broccoli and any grain you’d like to add.
About the cut: When I buy my pork chops from the butcher, I ask him to cut the chops into “breakfast cuts or slices”. These are much thinner and cook faster as a result. And as the name insinuates, this cut is good for breakfast in lieu of bacon.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating BBQ Rosemary Pork Chops
- Clean Eating BBQ Orange Pork with Fennel
- Clean Eating BBQ Fennel Pork
Clean Eating Weeknight Balsamic Pork Chops
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 breakfast-cut pork chops (about a scant 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and add the garlic first, then the pork chops.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides, then add the balsamic vinegar.
- Continue to cook until the pork chops are done (at least 165 F.).
- Serve with a veggie and grain of your choice.