I love this recipe. It’s a no-fail crowd pleaser regardless of who I’m serving.
It’s a very versatile dish. Add veggies, different meats, even change up the spices if you like. You can, of course, also use other cheese as well. The truth is, I’ve made this with mozzarella several times and it’s delicious. But I try not to get carried away with the cheese as often as I’d like, so I stick with the parmesan the majority of the time that I make this recipe. Either way, it’s pretty darn tasty and doesn’t take too long to assemble either!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Mushrooms & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Clean Eating Macaroni & Cheese
- Clean Eating Chili Mac
Clean Eating Baked Italian Ziti
(Makes 12 servings)
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 pounds lean, ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, no sodium is best
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- While the pasta cooks, in a large skillet, cook the turkey meat in the olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, honey, vinegar, water and tomato sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and the cooked meat to the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.