Watermelon Agua Fresca With Mint
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This watermelon agua fresca is one of the most refreshing and hydrating drinks you’ll enjoy all summer!
Whether you are still staying home or venturing out a bit more with friends, a good, refreshing drink is something everyone can use this summer. Few fruits are as hydrating as watermelon or as quintessential to the warm, summer months. A good watermelon will hit the spot every time!
WHAT IS WATERMELON AGUA FRESCA?
These delicious drinks are perfect for summer, no matter what fruit you use. But what exactly is agua fresca?
“Aguas frescas are light non-alcoholic beverages made from one or more fruits, cereals, flowers, or seeds blended with sugar and water. They are popular in Mexico, Central America and the United States. Some of the more common flavors include tamarind, hibiscus, and horchata.” source
HOW TO MAKE AGUA FRESCAS
Making any agua fresca is a pretty simple process. All you need is a blender. And while having a strong, high-powered blender is always a plus, it’s not totally necessary either. Any typical kitchen blender will do.
The idea is to blend all your fruit with water until you have no chunks of fruit left. You want to liquify the fruit and blend it with the water. Then you pour it over ice to serve it cold. Delicious, refreshing and hydrating with all the benefits of whatever fruit you decide to use.
WATERMELON MINT AGUA FRESCA
If you have never paired mint with watermelon before, you’re in for a delicious treat! Both mint and watermelon are very refreshing in their own ways. But blend them together and it totally takes this agua fresca to the next level.
Many recipes for agua fresca call for herbs or spices. If you think of horchata, it’s basically a rice agua fresca with cinnamon. The same idea applies with this watermelon agua fresca. Adding the mint just takes it up a refreshing level. Give it a try! It’s perfect for a hot day. Serve it with snacks like a good pico de gallo or corn salsa with chips!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE SUMMER DRINK RECIPES:
WATERMELON AQUA FRESCA
Watermelon Aqua Fresca With Mint
- 3 lbs. seedless watermelon (about 1 small watermelon)
- ¼ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup honey (or more to taste)
- 5 cups cold water
- ice cubes for serving
- Cut the watermelon into chunks, discarding the rind.
- Fill your blender ¾ of the way with watermelon pieces and add about ½ cup of water, the mint leaves and the honey.
- Blend until completely broken down. You may need to work in batches to blend all of the watermelon depending on the size of your blender’s cup.
- Pour any remaining water into a very large pitcher, then pour in the blended watermelon mix and give it a good stir.
- Serve each glass with lots of ice cubes and a sprig of mint leaf if desired. Before serving each cup, if the drink has sat for a little bit, you’ll want to stir it to mix it up again because the mint leaves tend to settle at the bottom. Enjoy!
- If your blender isn’t great at breaking down the fruit almost completely, you could strain the blended mix before pouring it into the serving pitcher. If you don’t mind the texture then there’s no need to strain.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and wannabe Elvis when I'm in the shower or driving in my car.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!
Did you make one of my recipes?
Tag @graciouspantry on Instagram or post your pic on Facebook! I love to see my recipes in action!