This may sound like a strange combo, but it was actually quite delicious.
I started out wanting to make an easy spaghetti sauce, but ended up with something way too tangy. Since dairy isn’t an option for me right now, I had to get creative.
The coconut milk adds creaminess while the coconut aminos (similar to soy sauce, but made with coconut instead of soy) give the flavor a really nice kick.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Garlic Parmesan Marinara
- Clean Eating Traditional Pesto Sauce
- Clean Eating Avocado Pesto Alfredo
Clean Eating Quick & Easy Coconut Spaghetti Sauce
(Makes approximately 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, no sodium, no sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons light coconut milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients together in a pot and warm to your liking. Serve as desired.