A good, Italian chopped salad is a thing of beauty. It can be a complete meal all on its own, or make a wonderful side salad to a main, Italian meal.
Most Italian chopped salads have meat in them. Salumi, salami and other processed meats. But a plant-based version is just as satisfying and you don’t get all the overly processed meats that might taste good, but really are not very good for you at all.
A WELL BALANCED, ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD HAS A LOT OF THINGS GOING FOR IT:
- A fair variety of crunchy vegetables.
- A bit of protein.
- A nice balance of oil and vinegar.
- A tasty dose of salt and pepper.
WHAT WOULD YOU EAT THIS WITH?
- By itself as a main meal
- As a side salad to a spaghetti or other pasta dinner
- As a side salad to a pizza dinner
NEED SUPPLIES FOR MAKING A GREAT ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD?
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES:
Italian Chopped Salad
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, then drain and rinse)
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
- Serve as a side salad or as a main meal.