A good, Italian chopped salad is a thing of beauty. It can be a complete meal all on its own, or make a wonderful side salad to a main, Italian meal.
Most Italian chopped salads have meat in them. Salumi, salami and other processed meats. But a plant-based version is just as satisfying and you don’t get all the overly processed meats that might taste good, but really are not very good for you at all.
A well balanced, Italian chopped salad has a lot of things going for it:
- A fair variety of crunchy vegetables.
- A bit of protein.
- A nice balance of oil and vinegar.
- A tasty dose of salt and pepper.
WHAT WOULD YOU EAT THIS WITH?
- By itself as a main meal
- As a side salad to a spaghetti or other pasta dinner
- As a side salad to a pizza dinner
CLICK PLAY TO SEE THE RECIPE IN ACTION!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE:
A tasty side salad for an Italian dinner, or a plant-based main course for those reducing their meat consumption. Either way, it's delicious and satisfying!
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if canned, then drain and rinse)
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss well.
Serve as a side salad or as a main meal.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.