This clean eating creamy vegetable pasta recipe is dairy free and plant-based!
If you love creamy pastas but can’t tolerate dairy (or if you’re vegan like me!), this deliciousness will save you.
Honestly, when I went vegan, I thought my days of creamy pastas were over. Thankfully, after completing a plant-based culinary program, I learned that that simply isn’t the case. This creamy vegetable pasta is proof of that.
I used my clean eating cashew alfredo sauce recipe (cashew cream with seasoning) for this (see link below). It’s easy to make, and once the cashews have been soaked, it takes just minutes to put the sauce together!
I’ve gotten into the habit of buying a bag of cashews about twice a month. Once I have a few bags collected, I soak them all overnight, drain them, and then transfer them to a freezer-safe container. They last in the freezer for months, and it makes it super easy to whip up any cream based dips or sauces in only minutes whenever I want some. I’ve made alfredo sauce, ranch dip and even lasagna with cashew cream. It’s amazing stuff!
As for the pasta, I was trying out a new brand here, but didn’t care for it much. I’ll go back to my brown rice and quinoa pasta from Trader Joe’s or my Banza pasta (chickpea pasta). Both have way better flavor!
THE VEGGIES IN YOUR VEGETABLE PASTA RECIPE:
You can choose any 1 lb. bag of veggies you prefer. I used an organic mixed veggie from Trader Joe’s, but any veggies will work here. Just dump them in with the pasta after you’ve added the pasta to the boiling water and it has returned to a boil.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Cashew Alfredo Vegetable Pasta Recipe
- Clean Eating Summer Vegetable Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
CLEAN EATING CREAMY VEGETABLE PASTA RECIPE:
Clean Eating Creamy Vegetable Pasta
- 1/2 lb. whole grain pasta (any type you prefer)
- 1 lb. mixed frozen vegetables (any type you prefer)
- 1 batch cashew cream alfredo sauce (see recipe link above)
- Cook your pasta to package directions.
- About half way through the cooking time, add in your veggies and continue cooking.
- Drain everything and return to pot or large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the alfredo sauce and serve.