I’m getting into Super Foods more and more these days. Packed with nutrition, these foods give you the most “bang for your nutritional buck”. You just can’t beat them! And this recipe packs a nutritious punch that will have your body thanking you for days to come.
This idea came from a Facebook fan who said she often cooks chard this way (or maybe it was Kale? Can’t remember now…). But either way I’m so thankful she mentioned it. I’ve never had chard taste so delicious!
Clean Eating Cranberry Rainbow Chard
- 2 small to medium bunches Rainbow Chard (regular will work as well)
- 1/2 cup juice sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup roasted sun flower seed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Wash your chard and cut off the ends of the stalks.
- Tear chard into strips. You may have to slice the stalks.
- Place the oil in the pan and turn on the burner. Medium to high heat will work fine. Adjust as needed.
- Place chard in pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to wilt.
- When chard has wilted, add the other ingredients and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.
Note: Using coconut oil is not necessary. Any mild-flavored oil will do.