I have to say, this is the most filling smoothie I have ever had. It really was “breakfast in a cup”.
The truth is, as much as I love smoothies, I always have to have something with them because I’m always hungry about 1 hour after drinking them. Even if I add extra protein to them. But this…. this smoothie was different. This smoothie kept me going ALL morning. In fact, I was so NOT hungry, that I forgot to eat my second meal of the day! Not too bad for a smoothie…
My theory is that the raw oats expand in your stomach to keep you full. It’s high fiber too. So staying full from breakfast to lunch is not a problem. Try it! You’ll see!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Strawberry Smoothie
- Clean Eating Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Clean Eating Super Berry Smoothie
Clean Eating Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
(Makes about 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes (approximate)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen, whole strawberries, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup traditional oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use regular milk too)
- 2 scoops 100% whey protein powder (amazon affiliate link)
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.