This clean eating blueberry bananas smoothie is a delicious, nutritious start to your morning!
Around here, we refer to smoothies as “Smoodies”. Mini Chef started the trend, and now we just cannot seem to call them anything else.
This “smoodie” is very nutrient dense. It will fill you up and give you plenty of energy to get to your next meal. It’s not overly sweet, but it’s good. I think you’ll find it tasty, even if you are still accustomed to having sugar in your diet. Worst case scenario, you can put in an extra banana and just drink a little less of the “smoodie”.
But if you absolutely must have a sweeter smoothie, a little honey will usually do the job just fine. You just want to watch the sugar content because it can really add up fast in any smoothie you make.
The recipe doesn’t call for it, but if you really need to stay full, you can add a quarter cup of uncooked, traditional oats to the blender. They will expand in your tummy and keep you super full!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Vanilla Protein Powder (amazon affiliate link)
CLEAN EATING BLUEBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (frozen, unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 cups spinach (raw, tightly packed)
- 1 cup sliced bananas (about 1 medium banana)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any type you prefer is fine)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (see link above)
- Blend in a blender and enjoy!