I’m getting a little adventurous in the kitchen these days. Trying things I’ve never made before. It’s a lot of fun. Especially when you end up with a really fantastic recipe.
Case in point: Cilantro Salsa.
I went to the farmer’s market this morning and just started shopping for whatever looked fabulous.
As I shopped, I realized I was buying ingredients for salsa. Even though I’ve never made it before, I was definitely feeling up to the challenge. So I bought the rest of what I needed, went home and got to work in the kitchen.
If you are a cilantro fan, this is definitely the salsa for you! Nobody at the dinner table could stop eating it. It was amazing! And it was gone before anyone could blink.
Clean Eating Cilantro Salsa
(All ingredients are an approximate measure. Adjust to your liking.)
- 5-6 small-medium tomatoes
- 4 small garlic cloves (or two large ones)
- Jalapeño peppers (choose the type & amount based on how spicy you like your salsa)
- Cilantro (about 1/2 cup chopped, but again, use to your liking)
- Red onion (1 large or two small)
- Chop all your ingredients. Be sure you chop them well. The finer you chop everything, the better texture your salsa will have.
- Mix in a bowl and serve.