Turkey broth, like chicken broth, has so many varied uses. Every year after Thanksgiving, I use the turkey carcass to make this clean eating turkey broth recipe. Then I stash it in the freezer for future soup making. The flavor is very similar to chicken broth but just different enough to bring in a bit of new flavor to traditional soups.
You can use turkey broth in almost any recipe you would use chicken broth in. Just be warned, if your turkey is/was large, this will make a LOT of broth. Consider yourself warned…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING TURKEY BROTH RECIPE:
Clean Eating Turkey Broth Recipe
- 1 large turkey carcass
- enough water to cover it in a large pot
- 2 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1/2 lb. carrots (sliced)
- 4 medium celery stalks (sliced)
- Place all ingredient in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the water is about 1/4 to 1/2 boiled down.
- Strain the broth from everything else, cool and pour into food and freezer-safe containers for the freezer.
- Use as you normally would use chicken broth.