As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Clean Eating Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Massaman Curry. This was crazy good stuff!
I loved the pineapple slaw, it was an absolutely perfect pairing with the chicken. And because I had leftover slaw, I ate it as a delicious salad for lunch the next day!
At one point, I was working with eMeals. That business relationship has long since passed, but I still have the recipes here to share with you. This particular dish was one that I made quite a few changes to. The original had a fair amount of spice in it and my little guy never would have eaten it if it was spicy. So I made adjustments, and with my alterations, there is just a hint of kick to it. So if you are cooking for wee ones, keep that in mind. My son loved it and so did I! The flavors sort of explode in your mouth!
This did have some water left behind in the crock when I took it out. I used a little for “sauce”, and discarded the rest. Even the original recipe left behind a fair amount, so I think that’s just how the recipe is. But rest assured, you don’t want to cut back on anything for the sake of flavor.
But honestly, this is wonderful stuff. Clean eating at its finest!
SLOW COOKER THAI CHICKEN MASSAMAN CURRY RECIPE:
Adapted from eMeals.
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Massaman Curry
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup white onion (sliced thin)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (sliced thin)
- ½ cup chicken broth (no sugar added)
- 14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 16 oz. bag shredded cabbage coleslaw mix
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (no sugar added)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 medium limes (juice only)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine the chicken ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the slaw ingredients.
- Stir in the lime juice and oil; let stand 1 hour before serving. Serve half of slaw, and save remaining for another meal. (I had it for lunch the next day. Delicious all by itself!)
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!