As much as we fight it or refuse to make resolutions, the new year always feels like a brand new start. At least to me. It’s a clean slate. A time to start over.
The hustle and bustle of the holidays are over, the junk food is behind you and at this point, we tend to look inward at what we want to accomplish in the new year.
For some, it’s a resolution. For others, it’s simply a new focus on the things they feel they need to do.
For many, many people, that involves eating better food. I know this, because January is my absolute busiest time of year here on The Gracious Pantry. Everyone returns in the hopes of eating better than they have over the past 2 or 3 months, and I welcome you all back with open arms! And I’d love to recommend this delicious smoothie as a healthy start to your mornings.
It’s no accident that grapefruits are synonymous with dieting. They have been attributed with everything from curing the common cold to reducing hunger. But any way you look at it, these delicious fruits are jam packed with good-for-you nutrients. And getting plenty of nutrients is what clean eating is all about. Start your new year off right with this delicious smoothie!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating “Good Morning Sunshine” Smoothie
- Clean Eating Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Clean Eating Green Lemon & Pineapple Smoothie
Clean Eating New Start Smoothie Recipe
- 1 pink grapefruit, deseeded
- 1 orange, deseeded
- 1 cup raw spinach, loosely packed
- 10 slices peeled cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Honey to taste OR 1 small banana
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
Number of servings (yield): 1 quart