This chicken vegetable salad is perfect if you’re looking for a “fill me up” kind of salad.
This is one of those recipes that really doesn’t look like much. But once you taste it, you’ll want it every single day for lunch for a whole month straight. At least that was my reaction….
Truly, this simple looking salad is packed with a ton of flavor that is totally unexpected. What’s the secret?
The guacamole, of course! Make sure when you make your guacamole, that it totally makes your taste buds dance because it will literally make this salad. The better your guacamole is, the better this salad will be.
That being said, I make my guacamole at home and don’t use any salsa or hot spice. I don’t care for spicy or peppery guacamole, and I’m not sure it would serve this dish very well (though some of you may like it that way!). So make the guacamole without spice to start, and then add it if you think you’ll like it.
Trust me, this is good!! Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftovers!
HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES:
CHICKEN VEGETABLE SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Exceptionally Filling Chicken & Vegetable Salad
- 1 1/2 cups jicama (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast (boneless, skinless - cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 cup cucumbers (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup guacamole (see recipe link above)
- cilantro (fresh - optional)
- Shred the baked chicken breast, chop all the vegetables, prepare the guacamoles if you haven't already, and mix it all together. Top with the cilantro if you wish.