Yes, an easy Chunky Strawberry Pancake Syrup recipe exists and it’s a fabulous addition to your morning pancakes or waffles.
Strawberry pancake syrup. It’s one of those things I remember from a kid that I only got when I went to a restaurant. I remember thinking that it didn’t taste a lot like real strawberries, but I loved it just the same. I was a kid. It was sugar. So ya, I REALLY love it! In fact, I loved anything with strawberries at all.
My mom worked for Safeway for years and would bring home entire flats of strawberries that her boss would give her (back when they could do that at Safeway). I would eat so many of them in one sitting that I would break out in hives. I could eat almost an entire flat by myself. Strawberries were (and are) my favorite fruit!
So we recently brought home a batch of strawberries from Costco. It was more or less against my better judgement because they never taste really good this early in the season. At least not like they do in summer! But Mini Chef begged for them, so we brought them home.
He tried one berry and decided (as predicted) that they didn’t taste very good. So I told him we would just have to make something sweet with them. This, of course, perked him up and he immediately wanted to get into the kitchen with those strawberries. I made him wait until the following morning though, which was a mistake because any kid that has the promise of something sweet and tasty first thing in the morning makes for a REALLY early wake up for mom. When will I learn?
But we went downstairs and got right to work. In fact, he made this pretty much all himself while I stood back and took photos! And later that night at his dad’s, he had the remaining syrup over vanilla ice cream. Yum!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
Chocolate Syrup – Great for chocolate milk, ice cream, chocolate spoons (for gifts) and just about anything else you can put chocolate syrup on or in!
Coconut Fudge Sauce – More like a chocolate syrup, this dairy free version is perfect for dairy allergy folks who still want a treat!
Blueberry Sauce/Syrup – A thick blueberry sauce for pancakes and waffles.
CHUNKY STRAWBERRY PANCAKE SYRUP RECIPE:
Chunky Strawberry Pancake Syrup Recipe
- 2 ½ cups quartered strawberries
- 1 medium lemon (zest only)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp. Sucanat (amazon affiliate link) – or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pot, stirring gently to combine.2 ½ cups quartered strawberries, 1 medium lemon, ½ cup water, 3 tbsp. Sucanat (amazon affiliate link), ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Reduce heat to a slow simmer and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, making sure to mash the strawberries when they become soft and cooked.
- The "syrup" is done when it has thickened.
- If you are having pancakes with this, make your batter while the strawberries cook.
- When done, top your pancakes with strawberry syrup and some coconut whip cream for good measure!