This is, hands down, the BEST cranberry sauce. I mean it really puts the store-bought stuff with refined sugar to shame. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you!
And did I mention it’s easy to make? Yep! It’s an “all-in-one-pot” dish. So grab that pot, and let’s get started.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Cranberry Sauce
(Makes approximately 1 – 1/4 cups)
- 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries (approx. 3 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- Zest of one large orange
- 1 cup water
- Put everything in a pot, and turn your stove on. Phew! That was tough, wasn’t it?
- Seriously, that’s pretty much it. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 30-45 minutes. When most of the liquid is cooked out, turn your stove down to a simmer. The longer you let this simmer, the thicker the sauce will get. Just don’t let ALL the liquid cook out or it will burn. Stir more frequently near the end.
- Allow this to cool before you eat some. Trust me. I learned the hard way. It really burns right out of the pot! (I have no patience when it comes to good food!)