I’ve heard it a lot. People start eating clean and they miss their potato chips. I mean, ya… they’re good, but they are definitely not good for you.
So I thought I’d take a crack at making some clean chips. While you still want to enjoy these in moderation due to the higher fat content, at least you can have some if you “really gotta have some”. Am I right?
These turned out so delicious! And actually, Mini Chef never even got to try these because I had a friend over for girl’s night and she just couldn’t stop eating them!
I will say that it is really important to use some sort of slicing device that will cut these in a uniform thickness to ensure even baking. Something like a mandolin or old fashioned cheese slicer (I used my SaladMaster). It also makes the job a lot faster. With a slicing device, you can do all the prep work in about 5 to 10 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Twice Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced evenly
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or other light flavored oil)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste after baking
- Combine all ingredients in a large food-safe plastic bag, close off and shake or moosh everything together to get the potato slices evenly coated in the oil and cheese.
- Spread out in a single layer on un-oiled cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool while you cool your oven down to 200 F.
- Return the chips to the oven and bake for 2 hours.
- Cool, salt and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 2