This idea came from a facebook fan. She said her 4 year old son just loves this salad. This really peeked my interest because as of late, Mini Chef has been going through a stage where he does not want to eat the salads he normally eats with enthusiasm. So either he’s going through a normal phase like all kids do, or he’s completely bored with the salad I usually fix him. I’m betting on boredom because my munchkin loves his salads.
I was recently in a car accident. A rear ender. Nothing too serious, but boy can something like that do some damage to the body! It’s been a full week and I’m just now starting to be able to stand long enough in the kitchen to actually make something quick for dinner. I realize the accident could have been much worse, so I’m not complaining. Believe me. I’m pretty grateful it wasn’t any worse than it was. But even so, food is a challenge when you can’t prepare it yourself. We ended up eating a lot of restaurant food and my body is NOT happy about that!
But the good news is that I’m on the mend, and was finally able to stand long enough to make this salad. It’s actually a really perfect salad for the coming warmer months. I will be making this a lot when the evenings become too hot to cook. It’s cool, sweet and refreshing. And best of all, it comes together quick!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad with Dried Cranberries
(Makes approximately 4 servings)
- 9 ounce bag prepared romaine lettuce (pre- chopped)
- 1 (12.5 ounce) can chicken, or homemade shredded
- 3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, fruit juice sweetened
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or any light flavored oil)
- 1 smidgeon garlic powder (if you don’t have a smidgeon measuring spoon, just a pinch with your fingers will do)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional if orange juice is not very sweet)
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour some dressing over your salad and serve.