The idea for this recipe came from a facebook fan named Julie. She mentioned that she likes to cook chicken with salsa in her slow cooker, and man did I perk up and pay attention! She said that the chicken turns out very similar to pulled pork, so I just had to try it!
I have to say that this is one of my new, all-time favorite chicken dishes. With only 4 ingredients, it’s so easy and so versatile. You could pair just about any fruit or veggie with this and it would taste amazing! Plus, the salsa I used (Salsa Autentica from Trader Joe’s) ended up tasting more like barbecue sauce than salsa. Incredible!
Note: I was not paid to use the salsa I mentioned. It really do love this stuff.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
(Makes 4 servings)
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite clean salsa
- 4 small raw zucchini, halved, quartered, then sliced (shredding works too)
- 1/4 medium, fresh pineapple
- Turn on slow cooker to the low setting and put in the chicken and salsa. Cook for about 4-6 hours. Slow cookers vary, so base the time on that. The chicken should fall apart easily when finished.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and mix in your raw zucchini and fresh pineapple.