I think I’ve found a new favorite dish! Maybe it’s just because I was beyond starving when I made this, but DA – ANG! This was GOOD!
Now that Mini Chef and I are finally settled into our new apartment (yes, we moved again this past October!), I’m finding that just about everything we need is in walking distance of our new place. A pretty good deal if you ask me!
So I had just gotten back from picking up Mini Chef from school and I was starting to make lunch when I discovered that my avocados were way beyond ripe. Yes, it was a very sad moment. But instead of pouting and stomping my feet, I grabbed my wallet and my walking shoes and out the door we went to go buy some avocados. It was a marvelous walk on a lovely (if maybe just a tad too hot) autumn day. Not only did I get my avocados at a bargain, but I got some free Vitamin D as well. Thankfully, my pale skin didn’t burn in the afternoon sun.
We got home, feeling invigorated from our walk, and lunch was served in under 10 minutes. All in all, a fantastic afternoon!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Chicken Avocado Salad
(Makes: 2 servings OR 4 servings if topping the halves of 2 avocados)
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken (canned or home-cooked)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup minced, raw, red onions
- 2 avocados – 4 halves (optional)
- Dressing to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt (to taste)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the salad ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing over your salad and serve as desired.