This clean eating chocolate pumpkin loaf is a delicious way to enjoy Fall!
Oh dear. I really need to stop baking. I just love it so much. I should open up my own clean eating bakery. Now THAT’s a cool business idea! Of course, I’d NEVER reach my weight loss goal, but at least I’d be in heaven at work every day!
Anyhoo, a Facebook fan asked me if I could redo a recipe from a blog she reads called Carrots N’ Cake.
The recipe was for Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf. But it had sugar and white flour in it. Not one to turn down a clean eating baking challenge, I got to work that same evening to see if I could come up with something at least modestly edible.
Not only did I come up with something edible, I came up with something SCRUMPTIOUS!
I have no idea what the original version of the recipe tastes like, but this 100% whole grain and naturally sweetened version is just amazing!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS CLEAN EATING RECIPE:
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE PUMPKIN LOAF RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (affiliate link)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Lily's or Enjoy Life)
- 7.5 oz. canned pumpkin puree (I bought a 15 oz. can and used half of it) - Not pumpkin pie filling!
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips (basically, all your dry ingredients).
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together your pumpkin, honey, molasses, egg, egg whites and vanilla (basically, all your wet ingredients).
- Now, blend the dry mixture into the wet mixture, a little at a time.
- Pour the batter into an oiled loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until a cake tester (like a toothpick) comes out clean when you stick it in the middle. If you have to bake it longer than 40 minutes, loosely place a piece of foil over the top so the top doesn't burn. Check every 10 minutes until done.