These pumpkin almond butter cookies with dried cranberries are a deliciously wholesome treat.
The holidays have a way of sneaking up on us. And when they do, they inevitably bring along with them a certain number of treats and sweets. It’s harder to stick to an eating plan this time of year. There is just so much tasty food hanging around!
So every year, I make a plan. I figure out what clean treats I’ll have for the month and how often I have them. Something about the process of making this plan (on my calendar) really helps me focus on my goals without feeling like I’m being deprived. I make sure to cook and bake and do all the normal things I’ve always done during the holiday season too and I never feel like I’m missing out. I always have clean treats around and I know exactly when I can enjoy them. Of course, I always leave room for special occasions as well. It might not work for everyone, but it does help.
So this year, for some reason, I’ve really been craving cookies. Soft, chewy cookies with a glass of milk. Something about that feels so homey and comforting. Particularly after a long day of rain and cold winds. Coming home for dinner and then having some delicious cookies and warm milk for dessert makes my otherwise stubborn brain realize and remember that clean eating isn’t about deprivation at all.
Arrowhead Mills sent me a couple products to try this recipe with (Disclosure: for free), and I tried it a few times to get it just right. Truth be told, I may have subconsciously messed up the first couple of times just so I could have a few more cookies in the house. But in my defense, I did give most of the first few batches away. The holidays are for giving after all! But finally, I got these just the way I wanted them. And after a particularly nasty night, Mini Chef and I enjoyed these for dessert with tea and milk. We were so warm and cozy in our little apartment and these cookies were the “icing on the cake”, so to speak. A perfect end to the day.
Disclosure: I am working with Arrowhead Mills as a brand ambassador. I was compensated to create this recipe using their products. All opinions are my own.
PUMPKIN ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
Pumpkin Almond Butter Cookies with Dried CranberriesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 4 large medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except the cranberries in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cranberries and pulse the processor 2-3 times just to mix in the cranberries without blending them.
- Spoon batter onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (about 2 tbp. per cookie. Just eyeball it)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are just golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.