As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This three bean soup is a hearty and delicious soup that will warm your tummy on a cold, winter day or night. It’s quick and easy too!
Okay, I admit it. This could have just as easily been a 2 or 4 bean soup. But 3 is what I had in the pantry, so 3 is what we’ll go with.
You see, I have this “method”. I take a can of everything I have in the pantry, check the fridge for leftovers, and combine anything that will go together in a big pot of either chicken broth or veggie broth. I usually end up with something pretty tasty. Then I call it a recipe. Just cause it’s good.
A professional chef, I am not. But I am a Mom. And don’t Mom’s usually make the best soups? Or is that Grandmas? Oh dear. I’m not ready for that yet!
But regardless of what you think of my approach, I still came up with some pretty tasty soup. So don’t over think it. Just enjoy the soup.
HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES:
- 1 cup chopped, red onion
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 lb. organic sweet corn (I used frozen)
- 1 cup chopped, red bell pepper
- 10 oz. package cherry tomatoes (cleaned and halved)
- 15 oz. can pinto beans (no sugar added, drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz. can black beans (no sugar added, drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (no sugar added, drained and rinsed)
- 32 oz. can stewed tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon (I use the Rapunzel brand)
- 8 cups vegetable broth (no sugar added)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (cooked separately to package directions)
- celery salt (to taste after cooking)
In a large soup pot, sauté the onion in the olive oil over low heat until the onion is wilted and translucent.
Add in all other ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
The soup is done cooking when the vegetables are properly cooked to your liking.
Cool slightly and serve.
Please note that the nutrition data given here is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 993mg | Potassium: 620mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1005IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg