I love a good chicken salad. Especially when it’s well balanced. A little of this, a little of that, and you have a complete meal. Case in point: This Clean Eating Tangerine Walnut Chicken Salad. Delish!
In this case, you have chicken (protein), fruits (carbs) and nuts (fats). Serve this over a bed of lettuce or raw spinach and you truly have a complete meal! And while I know it seems like this would be a very sweet salad with all the fruit, it’s actually only mildly sweet in flavor. It’s a quick and easy salad to throw together for lunch too. Just don’t keep it in the fridge for more than two days. The fruit starts to break down and it’s not very tasty after that, which is why I made this so that it would only yield three servings.
And if you think deseeding a pomegranate is a pain in the you-know-what, check out this video for how to do it quickly and easily.
CLICK PLAY TO SEE HOW TO DESEED A POMEGRANATE QUICKLY AND EASILY!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad With Dried Cranberries
- Clean Eating Lemon Almond Chicken Salad
CLEAN EATING TANGERINE WALNUT CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Tangerine Walnut Chicken Salad
- 2 medium mandarins (peeled and segmented, segments cut in half)
- 1/2 cup raw walnut pieces
- 12 oz. cooked and shredded chicken (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and toss well to combine.
- Note: To save time on shredding my chicken, I simply put it through my food processor. Worked like a dream!