Don’t those look yummy? I think they do. I’ve been wanting to make stuffed mushrooms for quite some time now, and I finally got around to it. I’m thinking these will fit in nicely with my Easter menu. But I won’t get too ahead of myself here.
I made mine with lean ground turkey meat. But if you really want to give these a flavorful punch, use a clean eating turkey sausage instead. Just cut open the casing and chop up the insides. Yum!
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Stuffed Mushrooms
(Makes 24 mushrooms)
- 24 medium to large white mushrooms
- 1/4 large red bell pepper – chopped fine
- 1/4 large green bell pepper – chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup cooked turkey meat (or clean eating sausage – chopped)
- Stems from your mushrooms – chopped fine
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean mushrooms and gently remove the stems. Set stems aside.
- Mix all ingredients (except mushroom caps) in a large mixing bowl.
- Place your mushroom caps on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Using a small spoon, gently scoop your filling into your mushroom caps.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until your mushrooms have a nice golden brown appearance.
- Serve immediately. They are best when they are right out of the oven.
(Data is for 1 mushroom)
Total Fat: 1 gm
Saturated Fats: 0 gm
Trans Fats: 0 gm
Cholesterol: 4 gm
Sodium: 43 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 gm
Dietary fiber: 70 gm
Sugars: 0 gm
Protein: 3 gm
Estimated Glycemic Load: 1
Please Note: Nutritional Information estimated at Nutritiondata.com. Data may not be accurate and is subject to the availability of specific foods in their database. Where one ingredient is not listed, substitutions must be used. Therefore, you should not refer to this data as being exact. It’s more of a ballpark figure. The Gracious Pantry does not take responsibility for the inadequacies of the nutrition calculator used. This data is provided as a courtesy and general reference only. It is not exact.