This clean eating spicy jicama salad makes a delicious side dish with kick!
So the sunny months are upon us here in Northern California. We still have cool evenings, but the days are nice and shiny. This time of year is second only to Autumn on my list of favorites. I love that balance of sun and coolness. Now if only I could find a place to live where the summers are like that all the time! I love that cool down at night. There’s nothing quite like it.
But now that we’re seeing sunshine again, it’s got me thinking about grilling season. My barbecue broke in our last move so I have to buy a new one this year and I’ve decided to build a DIY outdoor kitchen with the new barbecue, some cinder blocks and the leftover counter top from what I had installed in my kitchen.
So now I have all sorts of delicious meals planned and this side dish seems like it would be perfectly paired with most of them. I can’t wait to get my kitchen set up outside! Oh, and a stock tank pool. That too.
Yep, this should be a fun summer!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SPICY JICAMA SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Spicy Jicama Salad
- 4 cups chopped jicama (cut small)
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup chopped carrots (cut small)
- 1 cup salsa (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (fresh)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (minced)
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt to taste
- Prep all the ingredients being sure to cut everything very small. It takes a little extra time, but it's worth the effort.
- Mix everything together in a mixing bowl and season to taste with salt.
- You can eat this right away, but it's much better if you let it sit overnight in the fridge.