This delicious clean eating southwestern stuffed sweet potato can be made spicy or not and travels well for lunches!
You’re busy, often tired and it seems that some days, it’s just impossible to get it all done. Am I close? But somehow, some way, you still want to eat healthy and feel better overall. Am I still on track?
The thing is, busy lives often mean unhealthy convenience food. But convenience food doesn’t have to come from a box. All you have to do is know which healthy ingredients to buy that will turn into fast and healthy meals.
Take the lowly sweet potato, for example. It might not look like much. In fact, they can be downright ugly at first glance. But inside those ugly skins hides a beautifully, vibrant orange flesh that is packed with good for you nutrients. And the only thing you have to do it bake them and eat them.
Now, please understand that when I say bake them, I don’t mean you have to do anything special with them. You don’t have to rub them with oil or season them in any way. Literally, all you have to do is wash them and stick them in the oven at 350 F. for 60 minutes. So for less than one minute of washing, you can walk away and do other things while those puppies bake. You really can’t get more convenient then that!
But the best part is what you can do with those amazing spuds!
Sweet potatoes can be stuffed with all sorts of healthy ingredients and all it takes is the few minute to open a can of beans or a container of hummus and maybe chop a half a tomato. I mean, it just doesn’t get much easier than that in the kitchen. Baking time aside, you can’t even get fast food prepared that quickly!
So if you bake several potatoes on the weekend while you’re hanging around the house, you’ll be able to stuff your potatoes in mere minutes and have a meal that is literally faster than leaving the house to go through the drive through. Real food can be simple too! And this Clean Eating Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potato proves that!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SOUTHWESTERN STUFFED SWEET POTATO RECIPE:
- 1 medium sweet potato (baked)
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus (purchased or homemade)
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 2 tbsp. chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 tsp. jalapeño (minced, optional for a spicy kick)
- Once your sweet potato is baked, cool enough to touch it and slice it down the middle lengthwise. Open it up at the slice enough to add your toppings.
- Layer on the hummus first.
- Sprinkle as much cumin as you like over the top of that, and then add the beans, tomatoes, cilantro (if using) and the jalapeño (if using).
- Serve as a meal or a very filling side dish. This pairs great with a simple salad!