As I write this, it’s September. And September always means an explosion of pumpkin spice recipes on the web. That being said, I started seeing this recipe floating around on Facebook well before that. If memory serves, this seemed to go viral at the beginning of August, the second the kids started going back to school.
I’m so happy I’m not the only one that has a hard time waiting for Autumn to arrive! All it’s flavors, textures and colors make me feel alive and well. I truly enjoy the flavors that pumpkin and pumpkin spice offer this time of year and so I felt it was simply my duty to give you guys a clean version of this recipe.
While I’m sure the original is simply fabulous, for those of us who eat clean, this cleaner version is a perfect fit. Enjoy the autumn weather and revel in the pumpkin flavors. Tis the season after all!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLICK PLAY TO SEE THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
If you love taking a treat to share into the office, bring your slow cooker along to serve this delicious beverage!
- 4 cups strong, brewed coffee
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added if purchased (see link above to make)
- 1/2 medium cut vanilla bean OR 1 tsp. p sure vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
Stir well to combine and set to high heat for 1 hour.
Lift lid, stir well, replace lid and cook for 1 more hour.