This slow cooker dump chicken with veggies is a quick-prep meal you can prep in about 5 minutes!
Sometimes, you just don’t know what to make for dinner. Sometimes, despite a fridge full of food, you stand there with the door open, a complete blank in your mind, trying to figure out what you can throw together that will actually be palatable. And sometimes, you just have to dump everything together and hope it turns out.
Thankfully, it turned out wonderfully! This is great served over brown rice or whole grain pasta. You can use just about any vegetable you like and they don’t have to be frozen. But I do recommend frozen simply because frozen veggies are typically blanched before freezing which means the cooking time won’t have to be extended. But the truth is, I had these veggies in my freezer and needed to make some room. So my veggie choice was totally random. Choose the veggies you like best! And if you think you’ll be serving this over whole grain pasta, go ahead a pour a jar of your favorite, clean marinara in their as well. Yum!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
SLOW COOKER DUMP CHICKEN RECIPE
Slow Cooker Dump Chicken
- Slow Cooker
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 28 oz. canned diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 lb. frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 lb. frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 lb. frozen broccoli (thawed)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour the diced tomatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle the spices over the tomatoes and then layer the vegetables over that.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken easily shreds when stirred.